Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Incidentally

Hello there pretty lady.
Have you got some time to spare?
I'm here for this convention
And could use some lovin care.

...Oh, and ah, incidentally-
I'm married

I suppose I should be flattered,
But the fact is, I'm not for sale.
I only stop here on occasion
For some nice cold ginger ale.

...Oh, and ah, incidentally-
I'm married, too

You seem to be offended
But I question your reproach.
A woman doesn't drink alone
Unless she seeks approach.

...Oh,and ah, incidentally-
I really do love my wife

I know that you'll forgive me
Sir, if I should fail to see
How proper things for you
should be, so improper
then for me.
I'll thank you now to move
along, and leave me to myself.
You'll probably want to
put that song back on
its tired old shelf.

...Oh and ah, incidentally-
I not only love my husband,
but I also know your wife!


Grandma Proses
Shirley A. Bender
Copyright © 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment